Turnitin is an American commercial, Internet-based plagiarism detection service.
This software is intended for teachers and mentors as a tool for checking the authenticity of student papers, and for students themselves as a tool for self-checking their own papers.
Turnitin checks for potentially unoriginal content by comparing submitted papers to several databases using a proprietary algorithm. It scans its own databases and also:
- over 178 million articles from scientific journals
- additional sources (eg Dabar, Hrčak)
The software is accessed by selecting the following link: Access to the Turnitin software
You apply via your electronic identity from the AAI @ EduHr system.
Useful links (in Croatian)
- Instructions for using the Turnitin software
- Instructions for use - self-test for students
- Checking papers in Turnitin software - a quick help for teachers
- Checking papers in Turnitin software – a quick help for students
In order to facilitate the work in the software, short animations have been prepared which will, in addition to the already existing instructions, facilitate the work of teachers and students.
Contact Turnitin administrators for the institution: firstname.lastname@example.org